Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Parfums Divine
In the elegant Edwardian resort of Dinard, on the North coast of Brittany, Yvon Mouchel created a scent and called it Divine. It was sold in a tiny shop. People discovered it, fell in love with it and told their friends about it...and through word of mouth people all over the world have discovered this treasure and hoarded it like the precious gem that it is.
Divine opens with a fruity peach note garnished with coriander, gardenia, tuberose, May rose and basenotes of oak moss, vanilla and spices. The designer Yvon Mouchel started with this perfume and is my favorite of the women's line. Heady, sophisticated and confident would be a perfect match for the woman who knows what she wants and how to get it.

L'Infante is a perfect bouquet of white flowers; Ylang-ylang, Chinese jasmine, peony, blackcurrant and ivy leaves. Finished with sensual ambergris, vanilla, musk and tonka. Perfect for daytime, L'infante does not overpower with the jasmine but rather maintains a green freshness that makes this a great scent for early summer. It's like a dew laden morning as the sun rises on my garden.

L'ame Soeur opens with a burst of jasmine, rose otto, ambergris. Truly a sophisticated scent for special occasions, it's very refined, sparkling, with a highly powdery dry down that is sweet...and reminds me of what my younger sister might enjoy wearing. And if my younger sister would love it...I'd enjoy wearing it too. We are two peas in a pod!

L' Inspiratrice, newest of the collection has notes of rose, patchouli, ylang-ylang, bergamot, peony, white musk, vetiver, vanilla, tonka bean. I thought this was going to be another rose fragrance that would rise to the top of my list of favorites. And I was not disappointed. For a brief time, I thought that the patchouli was going to drown the beloved rose and ylang-ylang, but the peony with its tender kiss of sweetness makes this a coveted fragrance.

I ordered samples from Parfums Divine and they arrived in lightning speed so beautifully packaged that I didn't want to open them right away...yes they are this delightful. It was as though a very dear friend was sending me a treasured gift. Note cards always open with "Chere Madame" and close with "Tres Cordialement." I feel so French...Oui, Oui!
Parfums Divine believes that a woman loves attention to the smallest details and smells the fragrance first with her eyes and then her heart.
Available at
Parfums Divine
Lucky Scent
Luscious Cargo